Thursday, September 20, 2007

for you Tommy, the English-language blog maintenance is over

There's a mysterious German takeover of Blogger in progress, it seems. I noticed a couple of days ago that some of the instructions below the comments boxes had switched to German ("Sie können HTML-Tags verwenden"), now it seems that the post-publishing pages have been infected too ("Blog anzeigen (in einem neuen Fenster)"). Which does at least yield the useful informational nugget that the German for blog is "Blog", which might come in handy.


I was wondering it it was just me, but various others have noticed it too. The last of those links suggests it can be fixed with some tinkering with the language settings, but I don't think I can be bothered. As long as my blog posts are now processed with ruthless efficiency it's OK with me.

4 comments:

Andy said...

Yeah, I'd noticed that. Mine is doing the same thing ....

The Black Rabbit said...

Hans und Julia stehen am kino.
Was?

Das spiegelei fallt zum boden.

WAS?!

Hast du haustiere?


Hellllppppppp......

electrichalibut said...

Entschuldigen Sie bitte, wo sind die Toiletten? Ich habe Hunger, und ich muss ein grosse Bratwurst essen. Oh ja.

electrichalibut said...

As of today we seem to have been Teutonically tidied, de-Deutsched if you will.