Tuesday, March 03, 2009

a finger of fudge is just enough to get you twenty years in the nonce wing

Right. Never let it be said that Electric Halibut doesn't tackle the pressing and thorny fudge-related issues of the day head-on. So, without further ado, Cadbury's Fudge bars. There are two, and only two, things to be said here. You'll need to listen to the famous jingle first, which, if you're of a similar age to me, you'll be able to sing along with word-for-word.

Firstly, what the heck does "full of peppery goodness" mean? Now I know it's actually "full of Cadbury goodness", but listen and tell me (about 12 seconds into the YouTube clip I just linked) that that's what he's actually singing. That's right, "peppery". Christ knows why. I mean, it tastes of fudge to me.

Secondly, is it just me or does the famous phrase "a finger of fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat" sound just a little bit dodgy? It's PAEDOGEDDON! Erm, again. I mean, granted, a Mars bar would be worse, what with being all thick and veiny and all, but no-one's suggesting that, are they?

No comments: