Thursday, January 28, 2010

have I got shoes for you

As I tearfully commemorated the passing of my old Berghaus boots a while back, so I hereby mourn the passing of my faithful old Salomon walking shoes, which were a bit knackered and had started to leak, and look forward with tentative hope and expectation to a series of new snug dry-footed walking adventures with my newly purchased Teva shoes.

Just as it was the Dartmoor trip which finished the old boots off, I think the Salomons (which I must have had for at least eight years, maybe more) were pushed over the edge by the waterlogged later stages of the descent from Foel Cwmcerwyn in Pembrokeshire last July. I'm a bit wary of buying shoes (and to a lesser extent any form of clothing) over the internet what with the obvious impossibility of trying them on in advance, but as it happens these (which I got from Amazon for £67.50) are a perfect fit (though they are a size 10 whereas the Salomons were a size 11, oddly - maybe my feet have shrunk). As before, old on the left, new on the right.

No comments: