Thursday, October 09, 2008

incidental music spot of the day

Spirit's 1968 single I Got A Line On You in the trailer to the new Coen Brothers movie Burn After Reading. Spirit's classic 1970 album Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus, without which no self-respecting album collection is complete, is probably the one to get, though some excellent and comprehensive compilations are also available.

On an unconnected musical topic, I wonder if anyone else heard Adele's new single To Make You Feel My Love on the radio and mis-heard the warm sentiments of the first verse, which goes like this:

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

My initial hearing of this was as a rather more practical offer of a Zimmer frame or pair of polio-sufferer's leg calipers, as follows:

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a walking brace
To make you feel my love


No? Just me then.

No comments: