Monday, March 09, 2009

sonic cathedrals

I don't normally succumb to Facebook memes, but the fake album covers one that's currently going around piqued my interest a bit, so I thought I'd give it a try. If you're a deeply disturbed individual like myself, you can imagine what the fake album inside the fake cover might sound like.

Instructions can be found at any of the links above, but it seems to be a condition of the meme that I replicate them here, and it's probably bad juju not to, so here they are:
My fake album collection looks like this:

1) Weather Forecasts And Economists by Molly Hagan


I think Molly is probably some sort of bespectacled Lisa Loeb-alike, maybe slightly more tending to the macrobiotic hippy end of the scale, with a hemp skirt and Birkenstocks.

2) On Hurting That Bothers Me by BLS


I think BLS are probably a bit Nine Inch Nails meets Korn, or so they'd like to think. Probably a bit more like Linkin Park, really.

3) And You're Halfway There by Exhibition Of The Industry Of All Nations


This lot do wordy indie-pop that's just a little bit too pleased with its own cleverness; a bit like Scritti Politti used to do, or Maxïmo Park more recently.

4) Make Us Least From Ourselves by Stoner Creek Stud


Imagine Kings Of Leon crossed with Godspeed You! Black Emperor. You've still got the artfully distressed facial hair and the tight jeans, but also longer, heavier songs with more atonal skronking and bonging going on. If this really existed, I'd buy it; it sounds brilliant.

No comments: