Thursday, June 04, 2009

hoots mon

Just to dispel the palpable and almost unbearable suspense following my previous post (i.e. which bottle of single malt was I going to try next) - I can exclusively reveal that I was fully intending to make it the Old Pulteney right up until the point where I got to the shelf and saw that Sainsbury's currently have the 12-year-old Highland Park for a mere £21.49, which saves you about 6 quid on the normal price.

All I know about it is that it's distilled in Orkney (the northernmost distillery in Scotland, at least until Blackwood in Shetland starts producing), aged in sherry casks (like the Macallan) and that Michael Jackson liked it a lot, as do quite a few other people. And it comes in a pleasingly funky squashed flask-shaped bottle.

Couple of drams left in the Macallan yet, so I'm not cracking it open straight away, but I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: